Friday, August 7, 2009

Two God father,: An athlete- nips in the bud & a crazy societyl !


All that happens in Assam. Always something will rock the region for nothing. Sometimes CM marries two woman, sometimes Manipur police follow US rule and kills innocent people only to show. But the people mentality goes on as usual. Most of the times people of NE forget their origin and go more crazy. People keep blaming Govt at Delhi or the ruling party. Its mostly routine since 1979. But merely someone looks at their own faults lying within. It’s easy to point out others.


One of the most ghastly incident, that rocked entire India including south Indian media and print media, the people of Assam or NE least bothered about that. But surprisingly al the news media, including print gone crazy for something that had happened last evening at Guwahati. The story goes like this-


Ms Nisha Shetty was born and brought up at Tezpur of central Assam in 1983. Name might be of Mangalore region, but her father was a BDO (block development officer) of Govt of Assam. By birth she is an Assamese. As she grow up with the beautiful schooling, she started playing Volley ball and Long jump from school to college to National level volleyball player and high jump champ, in 1998 & won a silver medal in athletics at the 1998 National Games at Pune. Due to what she failed to do her higher studies. She dreamt a big career & hypnotized like of any national level sports glories. She soon married her boy friend happened to be the Assam state footballer. Ironically all was against her family wish and she had to leave her parents, friends all. Strange to find that the family supported her to play all the way denied her love marriage!! Society of Assam derecognized- the society who has been dreaming for an independent Assam since long. The Sports authority of Assam, so called intellectuals of Assam abandoned them. One fine day her husband Mt Shetty developed kidney malfunctions and died due to lack of money as well proper treatment. People of Assam never realized the great loss and the unclear future of Nisha and her kid. She was forgotten as like anything in emerging India. She left for Mumbai to earn more- but luck leads her to the worst destination- call girl! A hypnotized life of Mayanagari.


She was arrested in Raipur of Chattishgarh on 31 July for illegal call girl business. The first noble police officer to realize her pain and agony is Mr Shashimohan Singh, Addl SP, Raipur. He did reveal al about this Assamese girl. He did inform Mr Vidhan Mishra, Patron, Chattisgarh Olympic Association as well Md. Akram Khan, Vice President Chattisgarh Volleyball Association under Volleyball Federation of India. While people of Assam merely remember her, her glory of past for the state, Assamese media found spiting on her, while contacted lot many people, merely they know her, her fame. I was asked what business I got? By then media, press of entire Assam was busy with one Assamese Colonel Kakoty, who gone missing (?) as his mobile network gone dead. All the reporters started making idiotic press release that the army Colonel got illegal affair with some Jawans wife etc….They got god masala out of that. But Nisha Shetty remined in Chattisgarh jail, till God father Md Akram Khan, an aged gentleman stepped in.


'Nisha along with two other women, who were arrested July 31 from Devendra Nagar, informed police that she entered into prostitution recently to get over starvation,' Shashimohan Singh, additional superintendent of police, Raipur, and the officer who is investigating the case,

A US-based software professional offered to pay the Rs 10,000 needed for bail.


'It's my moral duty to help out a girl who was unfortunately driven to prostitution,' Vidhan Mishra, patron,Chhattisgarh Olympic Association,told IANS.

He said: 'It's a shame for the sports fraternity that a girl has chosen prostitution to get over poverty. It's an eye-opener for the government that has no policy to financially back-up the players who have performed at the national level games.'

Finally she got bail after spending nightmares in jail for some days. While people of Assam failed to show good works, they kept busy demanding more power and funds, Mr Akram and Mr Vidhan Mishra did amazing service. No doubt that the efforts of Addl SP stand a good gesture to sports people for ever. Salute Sir.


Those are what she told in Raipur Jail-

How did you become an athlete?

“I grew up in Tezpur, Assam, where my father was a block-level officer with the government. I excelled in many sports at school and represented my college in athletics and volleyball. Although I did not complete my graduation, I participated in two national games as a volleyball player. I also won a high jump silver medal in 1996 in an athletics meet at Pune.”.

What forced you to move to Mumbai?

“My sporting ambitions were shattered after the death of my husband, who too was a good football player. Both of us represented Assam. Despite being national-level players, we never got a job. In the absence of family support, I had to move to Mumbai to fend for myself.”

How did you get trapped in a prostitution ring?

“In Mumbai I was working as a sales girl with a cosmetics company. My daughter fell ill and I couldn’t meet her treatment expenses. I needed more money. A friend introduced me to some clients. Entering the flesh trade was the worst mistake of my life”.

Do you regret your decision?

“I shouldn’t have got myself involved in this. Now, I don’t wish to carry this stigma with me. After reaching Mumbai I’ll return to Assam. I’ve lost all respect in society. I know no one will realise my suffering”.

How will you explain this to your five-year-old daughter?

“She is the only reason I am living. All I want is to provide her good education”.

All those I got from net and immediately this evening contacted Mr Akram Khan over phone. I offered him my sincere gratitude on behalf of people of thankless people of Assam. I also offered my al kind of help while I am at Bangalore. If she is willing to relocate at Bangalore, I stand by it. I stand by her daughter’s good education. Let people put bad comments on me. I no more bother about the world now. Ms Nisha can also take care of my adventure works- “Rhino Jungle Adventures.” As a sportswoman she will do much better here.


I wish people from all around the globe help me, bless me for this offer. I can never forget that once I to be Air Force footballer as well hockey player. Now my elder daughter played national girls hockey for KVS, 2 times.


Support from people all around the world to help Nisha shetty to come up and forget her bad days as nightmare will bloom another dimensions of life. We can do it! Let’s make sure with new generations that such incidents will never take place in India from now!


Again I would like to salute Addl SP Raipur Mr. Sahshi Mohan Singh, Md Akram Khan & Mr Vidhan Mishra- to stand as God father. Rare scene in such cases! Jai Hind.

2 comments:

সুশান্ত কর said...

Yes!We are the Thankless People of Assam. All we can criticize others for our fate.Whereas we ourselves are most conservative and reserved selfish society. I salute your Stand Bikashda. I'll surely publish this story in the next issue of PRAGYAN!
Sushanta

Unknown said...

It is really shocking!!!! Bikash da is doing a very noble work... I would like to get in touch with you for this very cause .......